Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Having problems finding Sql server with VS 2005

I have upgraded to VS 2005 and using SQL server 2005 express. I have the SQL server up and running using the managment tools and have created a small simple database. I want to connect to it using the Server Explorer window in visual studio but it does not appear? I have had it sometimes but when i do I am unable to attach or select any databases that are there?

Can anyone tell me were i am going wrong? Is it because i have upgraded from an older version?
The server create and lets me add record to the tables i make, visual studio loads and i can create pages but making them talk is proving hard when it shouldnt. any help appreciated.

Nick

PS

the error i get is:

Could not find row in sysindexes for database ID 5, object ID 1, index ID 1. Run DBCC CHECKTABLE on sysindexes. Could not open new database 'Friends_Data'. CREATE DATABASE is aborted. Could not attach database 'Friends_Data' to file 'c:\Documents and Settings\NBannister\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\WebSites\Friends.MDF'.

The following article describes the procedure for attaching AW. You can use it as the template for attaching other databases.

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms310325.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment