Friday, March 30, 2012

Having subtotal after specific number of rows/columns

Hi
I'm working on a Matrix report in which i have a column grouping. I
have added a subtotal for the column group. so this total comes as he
last column i.e. after all the values in that column grouping. I want
to have a subtotal after lets say 10 columns and then again a total at
the end.
Can somebody tell me how to have a subtotal in the middle of a group as
well as in the end of the group?
Ankur MehtaAnkur,
The only way I know how to do this is to add another group which breaks down
your columns into sets of X number, depending on what other factor you use to
group on. Example using the Adventure Works sample database: Group on the
main Products, then do a group on Accessories under the products. Then you
can have a group2 footer which subtotals on the second group and a group1
footer which subtotals on the entire Products line.
Sorry I don't know of another way.
Catadmin
--
MCDBA, MCSA
Random Thoughts: If a person is Microsoft Certified, does that mean that
Microsoft pays the bills for the funny white jackets that tie in the back?
@.=)
"Ankur Mehta" wrote:
> Hi
> I'm working on a Matrix report in which i have a column grouping. I
> have added a subtotal for the column group. so this total comes as he
> last column i.e. after all the values in that column grouping. I want
> to have a subtotal after lets say 10 columns and then again a total at
> the end.
> Can somebody tell me how to have a subtotal in the middle of a group as
> well as in the end of the group?
> Ankur Mehta
>

No comments:

Post a Comment