Friday, March 30, 2012

Having trouble creating a login account.

Hello,
I am trying to create a TEST environment by replicating everything on
the PRODUCTION environment.
When creating a login under Sercurity, I am using the same user name
and passowrd. However, I am getting the following error message:
Password validation failed. The password does not meet Windows policy
requirements becuase it is not complex enough. ( Microsoft SQL Server,
Error: 15118 )
Is there some kind of setting I need to change to have lower
requirements?
Thank you!
Hi,
When a SQL Server 2005 db runs on Windows 2003, there is a way to enforce
password policy.
I believe this is on per login basis. So you should be able to switch this
off while creating a login.
Look for the keyword CHECK_POLICY in BOL 2005.
Thank you.
Regards,
Karthik
"bcap" wrote:

> Hello,
> I am trying to create a TEST environment by replicating everything on
> the PRODUCTION environment.
> When creating a login under Sercurity, I am using the same user name
> and passowrd. However, I am getting the following error message:
> Password validation failed. The password does not meet Windows policy
> requirements becuase it is not complex enough. ( Microsoft SQL Server,
> Error: 15118 )
> Is there some kind of setting I need to change to have lower
> requirements?
> Thank you!
>

No comments:

Post a Comment