Friday, March 30, 2012

having trouble getting reporting services installed properly

Hi,
I am running Windows 2000 and VS 2003.
I installed Reporting Services with service pack 2.
When I type: in http://reportserver/reports I get an access denied 403 error.
When I go into IIS Manager and look for the Report folder properties I can't
find the Reports virtual directory. It does not exist.
So, how is it when I goto http://reportserver/reports I get a 403 error and
not a 404: File not found error.
The service is run as the executable: reportingservicesservice.exe
(discovered this through internet searches) on the machine, but when I search
for it, I can't find the file.
I have created a report and successfully viewed it in the VS 2003 Report
Designer, but the reporting services and Report Manager don't exist.
I do have this directory with lots of files, but I don't seem to have the
start page for Reporting Manaer anywhere on my system.
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Reporting Services
Could someone please advise.
Thank You
ChrisDid you open the reportning services configuration manager (new with 2005)
and configure the 2 folders. In 2005 it doesnt automatically create the 2
virtual folders, you have to explicitly create them through the configuration
manager.
Go to reporting services configuration (it should be somewhere in your
"START --> All programs") and connect to your report server, and make sure
the virtual directory tabs are green checked. If not set them
"Chris" wrote:
> Hi,
> I am running Windows 2000 and VS 2003.
> I installed Reporting Services with service pack 2.
> When I type: in http://reportserver/reports I get an access denied 403 error.
> When I go into IIS Manager and look for the Report folder properties I can't
> find the Reports virtual directory. It does not exist.
> So, how is it when I goto http://reportserver/reports I get a 403 error and
> not a 404: File not found error.
> The service is run as the executable: reportingservicesservice.exe
> (discovered this through internet searches) on the machine, but when I search
> for it, I can't find the file.
> I have created a report and successfully viewed it in the VS 2003 Report
> Designer, but the reporting services and Report Manager don't exist.
> I do have this directory with lots of files, but I don't seem to have the
> start page for Reporting Manaer anywhere on my system.
> C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Reporting Services
> Could someone please advise.
> Thank You
> Chris|||Hi Nagini,
I am not using SQL Server 2005, I am using SQL Server 2000.
Thanks
Chris
"Nagini Indugula" wrote:
> Did you open the reportning services configuration manager (new with 2005)
> and configure the 2 folders. In 2005 it doesnt automatically create the 2
> virtual folders, you have to explicitly create them through the configuration
> manager.
> Go to reporting services configuration (it should be somewhere in your
> "START --> All programs") and connect to your report server, and make sure
> the virtual directory tabs are green checked. If not set them
> "Chris" wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am running Windows 2000 and VS 2003.
> >
> > I installed Reporting Services with service pack 2.
> >
> > When I type: in http://reportserver/reports I get an access denied 403 error.
> >
> > When I go into IIS Manager and look for the Report folder properties I can't
> > find the Reports virtual directory. It does not exist.
> >
> > So, how is it when I goto http://reportserver/reports I get a 403 error and
> > not a 404: File not found error.
> >
> > The service is run as the executable: reportingservicesservice.exe
> > (discovered this through internet searches) on the machine, but when I search
> > for it, I can't find the file.
> >
> > I have created a report and successfully viewed it in the VS 2003 Report
> > Designer, but the reporting services and Report Manager don't exist.
> >
> > I do have this directory with lots of files, but I don't seem to have the
> > start page for Reporting Manaer anywhere on my system.
> >
> > C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Reporting Services
> >
> > Could someone please advise.
> >
> > Thank You
> >
> > Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment