Friday, March 30, 2012

Having problems using Breakpoint in Script Task.

I am still pretty new to SSIS, SQL, and DOT NET. I came from the UNIX world. I have a SSIS package. On the Control Flow one of the Items I have is a Script Task. I was able to successfully set breakpoints in the Script Task and they worked fine.I could step through the script and check values in variables.Life was good.

Now something happened.I set the breakpoint, from the menu I select “start with debugging” and I get the following window:

-- -

Visual Studio Just-In-Time Debugger

An unhandled exception (‘System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException’) occurred in DTAttach.exe [3380].

Possible Debuggers:

New instance of Microsoft CLR Debugger 2003

New instance of Visual Studio .NET 2003

New instance of Visual Studio 2005

[_] set the currently selected debugger as the default

[_] Manually choose the debugging engines

Do you want to debug using the selected debugger?

--

I have tried selecting Yes, but that doesn’t work.If I delete all breakpoints the package runs fine.I greatly appreciate your help.

You are not alone.

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1846879&SiteID=1|||Thanks Phil. I found a work around for my problems and posted it on the thread you provided the link to above.

No comments:

Post a Comment